Update Error

Found a bug? Tell us about it here
AlPhuket

Update Error

Post by AlPhuket »

When I have tried to update to the latest version, I get a dialog box with the header saying "16 Bit MS-DOS Subsystem" and the message "C:\Progra~1\DPlot\DPLOTF~1.exe
The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
CS:11f0 IP:021c OP:63 68 61 72 73 Choose "Close" to terminate the application"
I am running Vista on a Macbook Pro, with all the latest updates and Kaspersky Antivirus. The version of DPlot is 2.2.7.5
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Thanks for the note. That's not one I've heard reported before.
I am running Vista on a Macbook Pro...
Can't say for sure, but I'd guess whatever emulator you're running... isn't emulating.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
AlPhuket

Update Error

Post by AlPhuket »

Hi David,

I am not running any emulator - my Macbook is dual booting so when in Vista should be identical to any other computer running Vista. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the software with the exact same error coming back.

Regards, Al
AlPhuket

Update Error

Post by AlPhuket »

Hi David,

Just a note to let you know that I got the update error solved and what caused it. We are using a VSAT system here and the website "filekicker.com" is blocked, so that when I tried to update, it didn't complete the download, "dplotfull_setup.exe", only downloading 4.54 kB, which then tried to install unsuccessfully. I used a data card to update and all worked as it should. I hope this hasn't caused you any trouble. :oops:

Regards, Al
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

No trouble at all. I'm a bit perplexed that the updater doesn't return a better error message than that. I'll have to look into this one.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com