DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fazecober

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 12:17 am    Post subject: Help. Reply with quote

i purposely bought this for my college algebra. We have been plotting lot of graph. I honestly know nothing here.. How do i set in my x and y values, how do i get the four quadrants, how do i join points to give a curve ..like the rational function graph.. i searched for some sort of tutorial but nothing worked.I need help .. Thanks and God bless you
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How do i set in my x and y values...

Since you posted this in the Excel section I'll assume you're using Excel for data entry. Just create two columns, one with your X values and the other with your Y values. Select those two columns (click the column headings), then select the XYXY command of the DPlot Add-In.

You might also want to take a look at the example spreadsheet distributed with DPlot (examples.xls in the same folder where you installed dplot.exe).

Quote:
...how do i get the four quadrants...

Once you have your graph in DPlot, select Options>Grid Lines or Box>Axes at 0. If you have both positive and negative X values, you'll get a dark line at X=0. The same applies to Y. Other options that might interest you here are the 3 general layout buttons on the toolbar: "No grid lines", "Grid lines", and "Box".

If your X (or Y) values do not cross X/Y=0 but you still want to show those quadrants, you can force the extents of X and Y using Options>Extents/Intervals/Size. To get the exact extents you want you might also need to check "Specify interval" under "Tick intervals" and enter intervals that divide evenly into your extents.

Quote:
...how do i join points to give a curve

That's the default for a new curve, so I'd guess you haven't got that far yet. If you try all the above and still have trouble let me know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Excel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: