DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

question about Dplot

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jond

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: question about Dplot Reply with quote

David,

Just downloaded your evaluation version. Looking to purchase the program ASAP. I have to generate curves for our miniature air pump line.

I need to learn the basics. How do I generate a XY 2D graph. With X being 1 to 10, no decimal points, and Y being 1 to 10 no decimal points????

I will need it in intervals of 1 or 2, or whatever, with and without decimal points. I am missing something while trying to design a graph.

I am playing with the software but not getting very far.

Thanks
Jonathan

PS- Your email acccounts are not working. I sent you email, but it bounced back.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,
I'm not sure from your post what you're trying to do. If by "generate" you mean that you have an equation Y=f(X) and want to create data points from that equation, use Generate>Y=f(X) and enter your equation there. If instead you already have the data - in a file or in another program or whatever - and you just want to somehow move it to DPlot, give me a bit more information.

"No decimal points" is also too ambiguous. Do you want the actual data values to be integers? Or do you simply want the displayed values to be rounded off to the nearest integer? If the latter, use Options>Number Formats and with "X" and then "Y" selected, check the "Specify decimal places" box and leave the numeric display at 0. If instead you want your data values truncated to integers... there's no way to do that currently. I can add an "int()" function to the equation parser to do this; if that's what you're after just let me know.

Quote:
Your email acccounts are not working. I sent you email, but it bounced back.

Must have been a temporary glitch; I've been steadily getting and receiving mail w/o any problems... at least none that I'm aware of.
jgmiles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

Quote:
If instead you want your data values truncated to integers... there's no way to do that currently.

In a related vein, I too would like to be able to display the actual data point values with a specified number of decimal places (I wouldn't limit it to integers, since much of my data is relevant only in the decimal ranges). I know you've added that in dealing with the X & Y axis grid line labels, but would it be possible to add it to the data plotted as well. At least I think this is a current limitation of DPlot.

When my calculated data is to several decimal places, bar plot graph amplitude labels (for example) simply overwrite each other. Similarly, it would be nice to display the required significant decimal digits only, regardless of the # of digits in the source data for the graph, for consistency sake & a more "professional" looking graph.

Regards,
John
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number format setting for the Y axis is used for bar amplitude labels. For point labels, the X axis number format setting is used for $X, Y axis number format setting is used for $Y.

Quote:
Similarly, it would be nice to display the required significant decimal digits only, regardless of the # of digits in the source data for the graph, for consistency sake & a more "professional" looking graph.

That will require another setting, will look into adding that next time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: