Web Form using C#

Q&A for C, C++, and/or C# developers using DPlot
garumble

Web Form using C#

Post by garumble »

I used to be able to plot graphs, but I changed operating systems and it no longer seems to work. I was running under Windows 2000, but now am using Server 2003.

When my code makes the call to the dll, it never returns.

Any ideas on what I can do to troubleshoot this?

DplotJr is installed and runs.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Try the demo programs distributed with DPlot Jr (in the \DPLOTLIB folder below wherever you installed DPlot Jr). Do those run correctly?
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
garumble

Web form in C#

Post by garumble »

All but BTEST2 run. It complains about a missing dll: MSVBVM50.DLL.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

That's one of the Visual Basic runtime files, which aren't distributed with DPlot/DPlot Jr. In any case you answered the question: DPLOTLIB.DLL and DPlot Jr do work on your system.

So on to the next question:

"When my code makes the call to the dll, it never returns."

Is your program unresponsive (as in hung up in an endless loop)? Or does it crash? I can't see how the first would happen - the DLL does have a 20-sec timeout period during which DDEML will keep trying to send commands to DPlot until/unless an error is returned (or it has success). But 20-seconds isn't "never". If your program crashes I'd guess that there's something wrong with the interface definitions for DPLOTLIB.DLL, but unless you've done something to change those I can't see this being the problem, either.

You're certainly welcome to send me your source code and I'll take a look at it. Sorry I don't have a quicker/better answer.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
garumble

Post by garumble »

It isn't hung in a loop and it doesn't crash. It makes the call to the dll:
DocNum = dplot.DPlot_Plot8(ref dp, ref x[0], ref y[0], cmds);

and never returns. It's very strange.

Eventually the process is killed by the system, but that's literally several minutes.

I can pull together the source code that sets up the arrays and makes the call (you really don't want to see all of it).

Can I post a zip file?
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

There's no way to add attachments in the forums. You are welcome to send me whatever you want at support@dplot.com.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com