DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

format data

View previous topic :: View next topic  
axel

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:05 am    Post subject: format data Reply with quote

hi, my excel work with decimal numbers with (,) but dplot data work with (.). How i change the format number in the dplot soft?
Thanks for your andswer, and sorry for my bad english.
Axel
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Replied to privately before noticing this post. For anybody else interested...

Axel,
There is no need to apologize for your English - it is certainly much better than my Spanish!

I'm not sure from your message whether you are having trouble with numbers on input or if you want to change the way numbers are displayed on DPlot graphs.

If the latter, DPlot should be using the decimal symbol set with the Windows Control Panel. On some versions of Windows this is called "International Settings", on others "Regional and Language Options". However, DPlot expects all input numbers in dialog boxes and when reading files, etc. to use a '.' for the decimal symbol.

If you want to plot numbers that you have in an Excel spreadsheet, you should use the DPlot Add-In functions instead of Copy/Paste. Copy/Paste will copy the numbers as ASCII text, so the ',' decimal symbol shown in Excel will be used and DPlot won't understand it. If you use the Add-In functions, though, numbers are passed to DPlot in their native binary format, independent of regional settings.

If I haven't answered your question please let me know exactly what you are trying to do.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Axel,
Last night's update should solve the problem you were having with linking data from Excel when a , is used as the decimal symbol. If you are on the mailing list you should have received a download link; otherwise use Help>Check for Updates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Excel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: