DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Excel Add-ins

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OvertheSea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Excel Add-ins Reply with quote

Hi David,

thanks a lot for your great job and making this available for free ( the Jr version).

I would like to plot contours ( XYZSurface) in excel 2003. How many contours can be ploted on the same graph ?? l tried to plot 2 and doesn't seems to work, do l miss something ?

And other question not related to DPlot but l would greatly appreciate your help:
for a very particular application in language AEL l need to renomalize data from a non uniform grid to a uniform grid, do you know where l could find a simple Algorithm to Generate the mesh on the data and then compute a uniform grid ??

regards,

Michael G.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Michael,

Quote:
How many contours can be ploted on the same graph ?? l tried to plot 2 and doesn't seems to work, do l miss something ?

255. Are you using the Add-In functions or trying to roll your own solution here? If you look at the file examples.xls in the \DPLOTLIB folder and try the XYZSurface test you should see 19 contour intervals (If you don't please let me know, but it would be really weird if you don't.)

As the XYZSurface command doesn't specify the number of intervals and instead allows DPlot to pick the number, I'm guessing you're doing your own thing here. If so, check the values you're using in the ContourLevels command - if the low and/or high values are outside the extents of your Z values then of course you won't get contour lines there. If this is no help you're welcome to send me your XLS file.

Quote:
...l need to renomalize data from a non uniform grid to a uniform grid, do you know where l could find a simple Algorithm to Generate the mesh on the data and then compute a uniform grid ??

DPlot uses the IDBVIP routine from http://netlib2.cs.utk.edu/
OvertheSea

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David,

thanks for your quick answer.

I believe l mis-formulated my first question about the number of contours ....

What l try to do is to plot on the same graph several set of data ... XYZ, XYZ1, XYZ2.... they all have the same XY grid but l have several set of Z : Output power, Efficiency ....

thanks for your reference about IDBVIP, l'm going to dig in !!

regards,

Michael
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah! No, currently you can only have one set of XYZ data (one surface) per surface plot. Multiple sets is on my to-do list, but it may be a while before that's available. If you have an urgent need for this sort of thing see this post:
http://www.dplot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=814
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Excel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: