DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using DPlot with Excel 2007

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Albannach

PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 11:54 pm    Post subject: Using DPlot with Excel 2007 Reply with quote

I used DPlot successfully with Excel 2003 for some time, then I upgraded to Excel 2007, and the DPlot icon disappeared from the toolbar. So I closed down Excel, installed the latest upgrade to DPlot, ran it once, then reopened Excel. Still no DPlot icon, nor can I find any mention of it under any of the menus. So how do I use DPlot with Excel 2007?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't have Excel 2007 in front of me today but will give a better answer tonight. On previous versions you can check Tools>Add-Ins, then check the "DPlot Interface" box. There's an equivalent operation in Excel 2007 but the names escape me at the moment.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Excel 2007 click the "Office Button" in the upper left corner. At the bottom of that screen click "Excel Options". On the next screen click "Add-Ins". Since you don't see a DPlot menu item "DPlot Interface" is most likely not listed under "Active Application Add-Ins", but under "Inactive Application Add-Ins". If so, next to "Manage" at the bottom of the screen select "Excel Add-ins" then click "Go". If you see a "DPlot Interface" box on that screen, check the corresponding box and click OK.

If you don't see a "DPlot Interface" box then apparently the Add-In was not installed correctly. Exit Excel and bring up Explorer (Windows key + E). Navigate to %APPDATA%\Microsoft\AddIns. If there is not a DPLOTLIB.XLA (plus DPLOTLIB.CHM and DPLOTLIB.DLL) there, then the Add-In wasn't installed correctly or not installed at all. You'll need to re-run the DPlot setup program and make sure you elect to install the Add-In. If those files are there then there's something strange going on that I haven't taken account of. Either way please let me know how this turns out.
Albannach

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Excel problem solved Reply with quote

Thanks for the response, David. I had forgotten that I had posted this message, and found it, along with you reply, when I entered the forum to post it for what I thought was the first time. Anyway, your first solution worked. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Excel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: