DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question about multiple print option..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seiyuro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Question about multiple print option.. Reply with quote

Hi, im testing Dplot Trial Version before buy.

I need help with the option in print multiple menu

My question is.. How do i print multiple graphic with specific separation?

i saw the option "Space Between" but i modify only horizontal space between the curves, i need modify too the vertical separation.

additionaly i have other question with the Axes, i need in the multiple print, All Axes must be aligned, if you dont underestand my question i can sent you a model of what i want made in Grapher software.

Thanks for Help me and sorry for my english is very poor
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
i saw the option "Space Between" but i modify only horizontal space between the curves, i need modify too the vertical separation.

I tried several examples just now and that isn't the result I get - the "space between" value is used for both the horizontal and vertical gap between plots. You'll have best results if you check "Specify size" under Options>Extents/Intervals/Size, but the spacing will be the same with or without that option. Off the top of my head I can't think of any peculiarities there might be in your graphs that would cause this not to work correctly.

Quote:
additionaly i have other question with the Axes, i need in the multiple print, All Axes must be aligned, if you dont underestand my question i can sent you a model of what i want made in Grapher software.

There's no way to force this in DPlot, sorry. You can probably get close by:
1) Use "Specify size" on every graph, and use the same size for all.
2) Use the same font sizes on all graphs.
3) Use the same number of title lines in all graphs.
4) If any graph has an X axis label, then all graphs should have an X axis label. Same for the Y axis.

Where this will fall apart is if the magnitudes of the Y values for one graph are much larger or smaller than the Y magnitudes for the graph above/below. For example if one graph ranges from 0-10 and another has the range 0-10000, the 0-10000 graph will be shifted to the left of the 0-10 graph.

Quote:
Thanks for Help me and sorry for my english is very poor

I hope some of this helps (and your English is fine).
Seiyuro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, ok man i`ll try your suggestion..

Man other question i dont underestand the Check Box in the print menu "Print to File" i use this, but i cant open the file with any program for print or anything can you explain me please?

sorry im noob in this program jejej
Seiyuro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, i find the problem with aligned Y Axes, the problem is the values in the Y Axis, because in the top graph i have Y values with 3 digit, however in the bottom graph i have Y value with 2 digit, i think this is a little program problem, i try with specific size same in all graph and without this option, and the result is the same.. what do you think?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Man other question i dont underestand the Check Box in the print menu "Print to File" i use this, but i cant open the file with any program for print or anything can you explain me please?

The file you save with "Print to File" contains printer commands. It may (or may not) be ASCII text, but in any case is generally meaningless to anything but your printer. "Print to File" is useful if for whatever reason you don't have access to a particular printer, but will at a later time. It is also useful for saving EPS files (if you're "printing" to an EPS printer).

Quote:
David, i find the problem with aligned Y Axes, the problem is the values in the Y Axis, because in the top graph i have Y values with 3 digit, however in the bottom graph i have Y value with 2 digit, i think this is a little program problem, i try with specific size same in all graph and without this option, and the result is the same.. what do you think?

Yes, that's the problem I was trying to describe before. I don't have a workaround (in DPlot). About the best you'll be able to do in this case is copy/paste individual graphs into PowerPoint or Word and shift them around in that program.
Seiyuro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the problem is the digit on the axes and The Text Note.. david if i send you the graph can you help me please? the problem is i need especific dimension between the curves because i need to create a lot for my work!! is only 4 graph and i can tell you the ubication, i try to put all setings same and the digit on the axes same, but dont work, with power point i can make one but when can make another i dont have the same dimension.. i dont know if u underestand me..
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome to send me your plots, though from your description I'm not optimistic that I'll be able to do any better than what you can do in PowerPoint.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: