DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Appending with UK date format

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rudd_rf

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Appending with UK date format Reply with quote

Hello,
I am trying to display .csv files, where the x-axis data is in dd/mm/yyyy format. Although the date format apperrs to be set correctly in 'number formats', when the files are opened, the date is interpreted as US format if the 'dd' is <12, and UK format otherwise. Regional settings on the PC are for the UK.

I suspect I'm missing something obvious, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Richard
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,
You're not missing anything, I just don't see a good way to handle this one. My guess is Excel probably reads your file correctly, so I'm probably just being stubborn. If you work alone, never trading data with anyone outside your office, then it makes sense to me to use the PC's settings to interpret dates. Otherwise relying on that setting causes more problems than it solves. (The same problem applies to decimal points: when reading a file DPlot will never interpret a comma as a decimal point.)

Until/unless I change this my best suggestion is to open your file in Excel and use one of the Add-In functions to get the data to DPlot.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: