DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Updated Tektronix plugin

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Updated Tektronix plugin Reply with quote

The Tektronix file import plugin (currently distributed only with the licensed version) has been updated to include support for older Tektronix oscilloscopes (500,600,700 series). If interested you can get the plugin from http://www.dplot.com/plugins/fileimport/tek.dll. This will work with either the licensed version or the trial version. Using Explorer, create a \plugins\fileimport folder below dplot.exe (default location of dplot.exe is c:\Program Files\DPlot) if it does not exist, and save this DLL to that folder. The next time you run DPlot you'll see a "Tektronix WFM" entry under "Plugins" on the "Select File Type" dialog after selecting File>Open.

Not having this 'scope available myself and only having a few example files, I'd like to get feedback from users who do have it before adding this DLL to the distribution. If you try this plugin out and the results don't match what you anticipated, please let me know. Actually... please let me know either way, as a good result will also be good information to have.

Last edited by DPlotAdmin on Thu Dec 11, 2008 6:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
vmarin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Updated file import plugin support for older Tek scopes Reply with quote

I just downloaded and tried the Tektronix file import plugin which has been updated to include support for older Tektronix oscilloscopes (500,600,700 series). and tried it on a wfm file from a Tek TDS 544A scope and had no luck in viewing the file. I opened the file with Dplot and the screen blinked and then closed. I am trying the trail version of Dplot to see if it will meet my needs.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a file that fails. You can attach it to an e-mail to support@dplot.com. Thanks.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Tektronix plugin now works correctly with the previously mentioned recorder. The plugin is distributed with the licensed version of DPlot and is also available from http://www.dplot.com/plugins/fileimport/tek.dll.

Usage: Using Explorer, create a \plugins\fileimport folder below dplot.exe (default location of dplot.exe is c:\Program Files\DPlot) if it does not exist, and save this DLL to that folder. The next time you run DPlot you'll see a "Tektronix WFM" entry under "Plugins" on the "Select File Type" dialog after selecting File>Open.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: