DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Save Settings Related

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raydela

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 12:15 pm    Post subject: Save Settings Related Reply with quote

David,

I am now using Add/Edit Note and Point Labels quite a bit and noticed that Notes are not saved with a custom setttings (.set) file.

In my application, I basically add the same 4-line note and change only the last line, dependending on my test data set. It would be nice to be able retain notes in a ".set" file so one could save a "template note" if desired. [btw, when adding a new note, could you place it in the foreground -- when I first added mine I didn't see it initially because it ended up behind the Legend box -- fortunately, it was ever so slightly longer than the Legend box so I was able to spot it and drag it to the desired position.]

Regarding Point Labels, I realize this is more involved, but is it possible to save point label settings in some fashion so that when data does become available (whether by restoring a DDE link or otherwise) the saved Point Labels will again "attach themselves" to the same curve # and point # as when the Point Labels were first created?

Thanks

Ray D.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am now using Add/Edit Note and Point Labels quite a bit and noticed that Notes are not saved with a custom setttings (.set) file.

In my application, I basically add the same 4-line note and change only the last line, dependending on my test data set. It would be nice to be able retain notes in a ".set" file so one could save a "template note" if desired.

OK, will do. In the meantime you can write a macro to reproduce those notes.

Quote:
[btw, when adding a new note, could you place it in the foreground -- when I first added mine I didn't see it initially because it ended up behind the Legend box -- fortunately, it was ever so slightly longer than the Legend box so I was able to spot it and drag it to the desired position.]

This one I'm not so sure about. There's a specific drawing order for everything and I could of course override that (once) to show the last edited object on top. But this leads to confusion - if you see one object on top of another, you'd expect it to stay there.

Quote:
Regarding Point Labels, I realize this is more involved, but is it possible to save point label settings in some fashion so that when data does become available (whether by restoring a DDE link or otherwise) the saved Point Labels will again "attach themselves" to the same curve # and point # as when the Point Labels were first created?

Your cart is WAY before the horse Very Happy, but yes, this won't be a problem.
raydela

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I should get familiar with the macro commands. My request in another post to have DPlot window "stay on top" was already in your macro list! Embarassed

Ray D.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: