DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

extension of possibility: general curve fitting; Switzerland

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thierrypp

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:18 am    Post subject: extension of possibility: general curve fitting; Switzerland Reply with quote

Hello Dear D. Hyde and users,

May I ask if it is possible to have the possibility in "more curve fits" to have the option:

curve fit : every 1, 2,.....20 points for example and have the listed results within the same frame as previously defined and that could be copied and pasted in a notepad. Of course the list could not be seen on the graph as it could be long but in the editor? Personally, cpy and paste is a very good option if it can be done.

Congratulations, Dplot is very practical and very useful in my medical environment, maybe in a near future I could ask some customization for dealing with patients data......

Sincerely from Switzerland

thierrypp Idea
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not completely sure what you're asking. Do you want:

1) To fit every 2nd, (or 3rd or 4th, etc.) point in the input? For example find a curve fit to only the 1st, 4th, 7th, 10th, 13th, etc. points? If this is what you want... I guess I'm confused about what purpose you might have for this.

or

2) Find a fit for (for example) the first 10 points, another fit for points 11-20, another for points 21-30, and so on.

If the latter, it sounds like what you might actually be interested in is a spline fit that produces a smooth curve that exactly matches the input. If so, this is in the works (though I neglected to mention it in the to-do list).
thierrypp

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:38 am    Post subject: Switzerland / DPLOT REGISTRATED USER / thierrypp Reply with quote

Dear SIr,

YEs, Exactly as you mentionned in point 2)
2) Find a fit for (for example) the first 10 points, another fit for points 11-20, another for points 21-30, and so on.
Arrow

[b]However, this is not smoothing ( previously done ) as the coefficients for each intervals change and I actually need the numerical values and their change to be recorded, as for example trying to evaluate the best curve fit with the expressions added.[/b]
Thanks a lot for your kind attention and any suggestion provided.

thierrypp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: