DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Replacing the Y Axis

View previous topic :: View next topic  
xander_P

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Replacing the Y Axis Reply with quote

I am displaying a contour plot and I need the lower left corner to be 8 and the upper left to be 1, but I don't believe there is a setting in DPLOTLIB to create this reverse order. At least I can't find any documentation on how I might do this.

Anyway as a result I am not displaying the Y axis ([NumberFormat(1,12)] ), and instead am attempting to use the XYLabel command to apply my own reverse order labels to the left y axis. The problem is no matter what I have tried I can't seem to get the labels to show up. I am using the following line to attempt to get just one label to show up: [XYLabel(0,2,0,"1")]. I have attempted many values at the offset position and the XY position, but nothing seems to help, and nothing shows up on the plot.

Is there anything else I need to do to enable this, or something I am doing that might prevent them from showing up? Any help would be appreciated.

xander
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am displaying a contour plot and I need the lower left corner to be 8 and the upper left to be 1, but I don't believe there is a setting in DPLOTLIB to create this reverse order. At least I can't find any documentation on how I might do this.

On the Contour Options dialog, set the Y scale to a negative number.

The XYLabel command only works with XY plots. I'll add this to my to-do list for 3D, but it may be a while before it is available.
xander_P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, "[ContourScales(1, -1, 1)]" does exactly what I need. And saved me a day of sending my data in upside down, and then painting axis labels myself. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Basic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: