DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RealTime Simulation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hudaikara

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 3:34 am    Post subject: RealTime Simulation Reply with quote

Hi there,
I have installed DPlotJr and testing it in my program for real time simulation of an industrial process. I admit it is at least 4 times faster than what I was using before. I will get a distributable licence once I solve couple of issues. The important one being is this: My program does a calculation minute by minute and at some point it does an optimisation. To do the optimisation it needs a sample analysis from the process. Timing of the sample taking for analysis is important (let's say 2:00 pm).But the analysis results received roughly 20 min later. So we are at 2:20 in real time. Now I need to go back in time and do my optimisation at the time sample was taken (2:00pm). Then recalculate the process and show it in my XYXY plot (all takes less than a minute) and continue in real time (2:20 pm).When I all do in DPlot the graph becomes messy cos it draws continues lines (like scribling).What I would like to do is delete the last 20 min of data and redraw it from 2:00 pm with the optimised values. That way I will get a continues line. Is this possible? Or is there a way to get around this? I am using VB 6.0.
Thanks in advance,
Hudai Kara
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can either 1) use EditTruncate to delete the points you no longer want, or 2) assuming you've kept a copy of the data in your own program, just delete the entire curve (EditErase or EditEraseData), and plot it again.
hudaikara

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: EditTruncate Reply with quote

Hi again,
Thanks alot for the quick reply! I have checked the help fime but couldnt find [EditTruncate] command. Could you please post a syntax showing teh usage of this? Let's say I am deleting (truncating) X,Y values from curve 1.
Thanks alot!
Hudai
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you search for "EditTruncate" you'll come to:

[EditTruncate(from,to)]

Eliminates all data outside the range specified by from < X < to. Operates on the curve or curves selected with the SelectCurve command.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whoops. I just noticed you said DPlot Jr, not the full version. EditTruncate isn't supported by DPlot Jr. So you have no choice but to delete the curve and plot it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Basic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: