DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decimal separator

View previous topic :: View next topic  
guibson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:14 pm    Post subject: Decimal separator Reply with quote

Hi

We're using Dplot Jr with one of our application and we are experiencing the following problem, some of the computers where the soft. has been installed are having comma (,) instead of a dot (.) as decimal separator.

For our soft. it's OK but when we send commands to DPlot the an error occur because DPlot is confused between paramaters and our values due to fact that comma is used for parameter delimiter.

Is there anything that we can do about this except the fact to change the regional setting trough Windows API.

We don't like this way because for sure it fix our problem but it can create somes in other software

Thank you
________
Vaporgenie Vaporizer

Last edited by guibson on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is you're using VB's Format(...) function to convert numbers to character strings and then inserting those character strings into a DPlot_Command command string - right? I wasn't aware until your question that VB used the international settings for the Format function - I've learned something new here.

If this is what you're doing, you'll need to instead use Str$ instead of Format. Str$ will always use "." for the decimal point regardless of Control Panel settings.

I may eventually check the end user's International settings for decimal and list separators, but... maybe not. I can see how doing so might cause more problems than it solves.
guibson

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Decimal separator Reply with quote

Thank you

using the Str function solves all our problem related to this point.
________
Ecom
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Basic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: