DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Setting automatic 3d scaling and file save dimensions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
arthur_etchells

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Setting automatic 3d scaling and file save dimensions Reply with quote

I can't figure out how to turn off the "automatic scaling for 3d graphs" option programatically. Also, the save as... dimensions stay at whatever they were last set to. Is there a way to set the dimensions programatically. Thanks
Arthur
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I can't figure out how to turn off the "automatic scaling for 3d graphs" option programatically.

Search the Help file for "GeneralOptions". Unfortunately there's no way to set one option and leave all others alone.

Quote:
Also, the save as... dimensions stay at whatever they were last set to. Is there a way to set the dimensions programatically.

I'm assuming you're talking about image formats (.BMP, .GIF, etc.). See SetPluginImageDims.
arthur_etchells

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for your help. It seems these commands are indeed the ones i needed. I just wanted to know why the general options can be set using hex, what was the reason for this? My ignorance of hexadecimal is probably to blame here (and below, read on...)

Also, you said that the options cannot be changed individually. However, in the example for generaloptions, only one option was saved using integer references. Yet you used the same syntax (masks, flags) to change two options using hex. How does this work?

For now, I'll just set all 9 options using individual integer commands.

Thanks for all the help.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, you said that the options cannot be changed individually.

My mistake. I glanced at the source code and overlooked mask, rather than looking at the description of the Help file. The Help file is correct. Specifically:

For example, to turn off the "Always auto-adjust scale factors on 3D plots" setting, use [GeneralOptions(8,0)]

There's nothing magic about hexadecimal vs. normal numbers. It's just easier for folks who tend to think in hex to work with, particularly when combining multiple settings.
arthur_etchells

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know the basics of hexadecimal (after having read a quick primer). I'm not sure how the hexadecimal can communicate both the option refererred to and the desired setting (on or off). Mind giving a quick explanation?
Thanks again,
Arthur
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether using hex or normal numbers, the first parameter (mask) specifies which options are turned on or turned off by flags. So to turn on the 1st and 3rd options (Prompt to save changed plots and Always start maximized) and leave the state of all other options alone, you'd use

[GeneralOptions(5,5)]

The mask parameter says that flags will only effect the 1st and 3rd options (1+4). The flags parameter says turn both of 'em on. To turn off the 1st option, turn the 3rd option on, and leave all others alone, you'd use

[GeneralOptions(5,4)]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: