DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Metafile Dimensions (use edit->copy->dimensions NOT ex

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raswaim

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Metafile Dimensions (use edit->copy->dimensions NOT ex Reply with quote

There seems to be some problem with specifying dimensions for metafiles when using Options->Extents.... I was having a lot of problems getting the legend to not end up covering half my plot when exporting metafiles to PowerPoint, and spent some time messing with the fonts based on the help file input. After some experimentation I found that I couldn't create image size greater than 5.6x8.6" (as reported by PowerPoint). So no matter what image size I set and looked at in WYSIWYG under DPLOT, the actual emf/wmf files were much smaller and the fonts weren't scaled correctly versus the image when I imported them. If I turned off the extent/size options and used the Edit->copy->dimensions instead, the metafiles exported at the expected size and the fonts were proportionally correct.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard,
Thanks. This is fixed, but I'm noticing some inconsistencies between the 2003 and XP versions of PowerPoint. What version are you using? The reason I ask, of course, is that you've unknowingly volunteered to be a guinea pig. And how big do you want the picture to be?
raswaim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I ran the test, I was using a Powerpoint 2000 version, but I examined the emf with a number of different tools (photo and hex editors) and saw the same indications, that the size wasn't being updated properly. I don't really need the end document to be really big, but I found that with the max size that was being exported using the extents option I was running into the font scaling problems you describe in your other help notes. If I make the exported size ~8.5x11, the fonts ended up being correctly proportioned, and I could re-scale to the desired size in the target application....
raswaim

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW - I'm OK with being a Guinea Pig. You've been more than responsive on any issues that come up, and I'd rather have you spending time on new features than verifying stuff that I have a workaround for....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: