shifting of plot window to the right

Have a suggestion for improving DPlot or a question about existing features? Let us know
Fastbeats4u

shifting of plot window to the right

Post by Fastbeats4u »

Hi,
I just wonder wether it is possible to change DPlots behavior in "shifting the plot window to the right when necessary". The way it is done in the demo is not very smooth... perhaps I just missed something in the doc.
Regards,
Thomas
________
Yamaha FJR1300 history
Last edited by Fastbeats4u on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

That behavior is hard-wired, but I could fairly easily add an option to change it. What did you have in mind?
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
Fastbeats4u

Post by Fastbeats4u »

Wow! That's a real cool support!
Hm, well I don't know exactly... I think that depends on how much work you want to put in that. Unfortunately I didn't do any graph/plot programming before - that's why I had a look at DPlot.
One possibility - which would be OK for me, but perhaps not for other - is to skip the whole shifting stuff and just start drawing the graph back at the beginning.
Another one would be to shift the graph without the axises in the way new values are added - so it would appear like a o-scope when it reaches the edge (that's my favorite one).
Nevertheless there are many, many other ways... what do you think is the best approach, it's your baby ;-)
Reagrds,
Thomas
________
Ford Sigma engine picture
Last edited by Fastbeats4u on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

One possibility - which would be OK for me, but perhaps not for other - is to skip the whole shifting stuff and just start drawing the graph back at the beginning.
Certainly easy enough to do, but also adds confusion about what exactly it is that the ManualScale command is supposed to do.
Another one would be to shift the graph without the axises in the way new values are added - so it would appear like a o-scope when it reaches the edge (that's my favorite one).
I can add an option to specify the amount the window is shifted. The closest I'll be able to come to the sort of display you're talking about is to use a fairly small shift value. The plot will always start at a tick mark interval, though, and w/o changing that (which I'm reluctant to do for reasons that aren't related to this) the display will still be... jerkier? than what you're talking about. But it's worth taking a look at. I'll try to have something like this plugged into the next release.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com