DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

shifting of plot window to the right

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fastbeats4u

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:21 pm    Post subject: shifting of plot window to the right Reply with quote

Hi,
I just wonder wether it is possible to change DPlots behavior in "shifting the plot window to the right when necessary". The way it is done in the demo is not very smooth... perhaps I just missed something in the doc.
Regards,
Thomas
________
Yamaha FJR1300 history

Last edited by Fastbeats4u on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That behavior is hard-wired, but I could fairly easily add an option to change it. What did you have in mind?
Fastbeats4u

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! That's a real cool support!
Hm, well I don't know exactly... I think that depends on how much work you want to put in that. Unfortunately I didn't do any graph/plot programming before - that's why I had a look at DPlot.
One possibility - which would be OK for me, but perhaps not for other - is to skip the whole shifting stuff and just start drawing the graph back at the beginning.
Another one would be to shift the graph without the axises in the way new values are added - so it would appear like a o-scope when it reaches the edge (that's my favorite one).
Nevertheless there are many, many other ways... what do you think is the best approach, it's your baby Wink
Reagrds,
Thomas
________
Ford Sigma engine picture

Last edited by Fastbeats4u on Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One possibility - which would be OK for me, but perhaps not for other - is to skip the whole shifting stuff and just start drawing the graph back at the beginning.

Certainly easy enough to do, but also adds confusion about what exactly it is that the ManualScale command is supposed to do.

Quote:
Another one would be to shift the graph without the axises in the way new values are added - so it would appear like a o-scope when it reaches the edge (that's my favorite one).

I can add an option to specify the amount the window is shifted. The closest I'll be able to come to the sort of display you're talking about is to use a fairly small shift value. The plot will always start at a tick mark interval, though, and w/o changing that (which I'm reluctant to do for reasons that aren't related to this) the display will still be... jerkier? than what you're talking about. But it's worth taking a look at. I'll try to have something like this plugged into the next release.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: