DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Naive question from a newbie re Excel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donald Cooper

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2004 9:03 pm    Post subject: Naive question from a newbie re Excel Reply with quote

I've looked diligently but can't seem to find how to insert a DPlot chart as an Excel Worksheet, though I know it can be done. (My add-in is OK, but when I choose DPlot from the Excel taskbar my chart is created OUTSIDE of Excel. When I go to the Excel chart menu choice I see no avenue to select DPlot in the drop-down menus)

Would much appreciate someone directing me how to make it an integral part of the Excel File.

--Bewildered in Ohio, USA
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2004 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Add-In doesn't interact with Excel's chart wizard at all. I'm not entirely sure that this is possible but now that you've asked, I'll certainly look into it Smile

For best results: Use the Add-In to create your plot in DPlot. Select Options>Extents/Tick Marks/Size, check "Specify size" and enter the approximate dimensions you'd like your plot to be (this isn't entirely necessary but minimizes possible scaling problems you might otherwise have with fonts). Click the Copy button. Switch to Excel, select Edit>Paste Special and select "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)".
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: