How to scale an Independent Y2-Axis

Have a suggestion for improving DPlot or a question about existing features? Let us know
edmullins

How to scale an Independent Y2-Axis

Post by edmullins »

I see a few hooks on how to setup and scale an independent y-axis, but after trying so many combinations I have to ask for help on how to do the following:

I am making a Gain vs Frequency plot wherein gain and phase will be displayed.

X-axis is frequency plotted on a log scale from 1kHz to 100MHz
Y1-axis is gain in dB plotted on a linear axis from 80dB max to -80dB min with major increment of 20dB
y2-axis (the one I am having trouble configuring how I want) is phase plotted in degrees on a linear axis from 180 to -180, with major increment of 45 degrees...for whatever reason I cannot seem to force a 45 degree major increment on the Y2 axis. I tried adjusting the range, etc, but I cannot seem to force the conditions I want, the graph seems to scale at either 50 or 60 degrees per major increment and never the 45 that I want...I am sure the solution is quite simple, but thus far it has eluded me.

This seems like a very common plot to make, anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Ed
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

On the Options>Multiple Axes dialog box, check the "For grid lines, use independent tick marks on dependent scales" box and see if that helps.

If not, please save your plot as a DPlot file and send it to me at support@dplot.com.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
edmullins

Post by edmullins »

Hi David,

I sent the file, will you have a chance to have a look?

Thanks,

Ed
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

I received your file. Thanks for that. Unfortunately there won't be any significant changes to DPlot for quite a while, for reasons beyond my control.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com