DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change Default Paste Style

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sdonahue

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject: Change Default Paste Style Reply with quote

I am curious if there is a way to change the default formatting of data I paste into D-Plot. I am producing a series of graphs attempting to show how well a set of generated values complies with existing data curves. So, I have a whole bunch of existing d-plot graphs that have various curves on them. I want to take data points from excel and paste those points into the existing d-plot graphs, but I would prefer they paste as individual points, rather than as a single curve. Obviously I can manually select the pasted curve and change the linestyle, but I have a lot of graphs I am doing this to, so I was curious if there was a way to set d-plot to paste points as symbols, rather than lines, by default.
Thanks in advance for any advice.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really. About the best you can do is write a short macro and assign a shortcut key to it. For example this:

LineType(-1,0) ' Sets ALL line styles to None
SymbolType(-1,288) ' Sets ALL symbol styles to filled-in circles

Of course if you don't want to do this for all curves then you'd need to be more specific on the curve index.
sdonahue

PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. Fortunately the curve is question is consitent between all the graphs in question, so I can just set the macro to do the one I need. Thanks for the advice.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: