y=f(x,{A1,A2,A3...})

Have a suggestion for improving DPlot or a question about existing features? Let us know
sailwave

y=f(x,{A1,A2,A3...})

Post by sailwave »

Hi,

I am playing with your evaluation copy at the moment. Very nice. I having trouble figuring out if I can do what I need to do through.

I want to plot this function for various values of A (say A= 10,20,30,40,50,60,70,80,90,100).

y = 101 + 1000 * log10(A/x)

With x moving between 1 and A (step 1) for each plot.

I can do it by hand by repeatedly changing A and the limit of x (to the value of A) by hand but would like to automate it if possible.

Can I do that?

(If nothing else if would be useful to be able to refer to constants in the x limit field.)

The reason I need to automate it is that I need to generate hundreds of graphs like this.

Nice program.
Last edited by sailwave on Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sailwave

Post by sailwave »

Ah... the macro editor?
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

The macro editor won't help here; there are no loop structures (other than cycling through all files matching a specification) and no variables. This is something I've toyed around with a bit but haven't yet been happy with the results. Perhaps it will make it into a future release, but it will likely be a while before that happens.

If you're reasonably proficient with Visual Basic or some other language, or if you are comfortable with Excel's VBA, you can fairly easily set the problem up and use DPLOTLIB.DLL to do what you want. If you have any questions about that just let me know.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
sailwave

Post by sailwave »

OK, thanks; I'll keep looking for something...

NB: y = e^(-x) says "invalid argument at x=1", with 1 <= x <= 100.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

NB: y = e^(-x) says "invalid argument at x=1", with 1 <= x <= 100.
Since DPlot doesn't allow for a constant named e I'm guessing you want the inverse natural logarithm of x. Use "y=exp(-x)"
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
sailwave

Post by sailwave »

Ah, OK. I mistakingly assumed that since there was no "E" field, it was implicitly taken...
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Just an FYI - E isn't used as a constant simply because it's too confusing for the parser to distinguish between a constant E and scientific notation E, i.e. 1.5E+4
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com