DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FileNewEx, Conditional equations and CSV-import issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aesculap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: FileNewEx, Conditional equations and CSV-import issues Reply with quote

Hello David,

there are some issues I recently discovered.

- I'm creating two XY-plots via dplotlib.dll using "FileNewEx". Topmost is the last plot created (plot2). But if I try to save that plot2 via "File|Save As..." - dialog, plot1 is saved and also displayed directly after closing that dialog. Workaround is to display the first dialog via "Windows" menu option or to open the "save as..." dialog twice (and save nothing the first time).

- "Conditional equations" are broken. I get an "Syntax error in function" - message. I assume it has something todo with the "decimal symbol" set (under "Options|general"), because I managed it to run in the "Options|Y=f(X,Y1,Y2...)" dialog only if the "decimal symbol" is set to full stop "." . The "Conditional equations" in the "Edit|operate on.." - functions unfortunately aren't revivable that way.

- And finally a general data import issue concerning CSV-files. It is not possible to import files separed via ";" with decimal symbol ",". I had to replace the ";" with a tab. It would be a good idea to add "data separator" and "decimal symbol" - options in the "Secify Columns to Plot" - dialog. That way you may seperate the decimal symbol dplot uses on plots, from the decimal symbol used in CSV files (which changes annoyingly often).

Thanks
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the report.

I'll look into the FileNewEx problem and probably get back with you.

If I understand the second problem and you're trying to run those commands through dplotlib.dll, that likely won't change. It's a mess trying to decipher user preferences on decimal points and list separators. Life would of course be much simpler if the world could agree on a decimal point!

The third one definitely sounds like a bug. I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a file you're having trouble with.
aesculap

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:44 am    Post subject: Conditional equations, ";"-separated CSV Reply with quote

Hello,

I have not tested the issue with "Conditional equations" via DDE/dplotlib.

Here is a snipplet of a problematic CSV-file. DPlots decimal symbol is set to ",".

"Standardkraft";"Standardweg";"Prüfzeit"
"N";"mm";"s"
0,0136715;-2,66952e-006;0,0185938
0,0102527;-2,66952e-006;0,0385938
0,0205091;-2,66952e-006;0,0785938
0,0170903;-2,66952e-006;0,0985937
aesculap

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello David,

regarding the "Save As..." issue I recently discovered that the active-plot switching also happens when two or more dplot files are opened with the windows explorer.
Topmost is the last plot opened.
When no changes are made to the plot, the "Save As..." dialog saves plot number 1. If eg. the "Line/Symol Styles" dialog was opened, the problem no longer occurs.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info!
mikeb

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:22 pm    Post subject: FileNewEx / File Save As issue - any solution? Reply with quote

Hi David,
I am experiencing the identical issue with FileNewEx and file Save As. I am also generating XY plots via dplotlib.dll.

Any solution or workaround?

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: