Programmatically retrieving curve visibility

VBA and general Excel Q&A and examples
ryan.small

Programmatically retrieving curve visibility

Post by ryan.small »

Hi,

I am trying to write a macro that programmatically exports CSV data from a given folder of .grf files. Based on the userbase, I am assuming that the format and content of graphs can vary significantly, and one of the challenges that I am facing is that I'm not able to determine what (if any) curves in a given DPlot file are hidden. If any curves are hidden (say, if a user has created an average of other curves and hidden those curves), I don't want the data from those hidden curves to be included in the CSV export.

I'm able to leverage the DPlot_Request call to get most other information I need, but I haven't been able to figure a way around this challenge yet. Any ideas? Any functionality I can alternatively use? One idea I had would be to interpret the .grf file as ASCII and parse any "Hide" lines to get this information, but this feels a bit patchwork if there are better options.
DPlotAdmin

Post by DPlotAdmin »

One idea I had would be to interpret the .grf file as ASCII and parse any "Hide" lines to get this information, but this feels a bit patchwork if there are better options.
That's the only way that I can think of.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com
ryan.small

Post by ryan.small »

Sounds good, thanks for confirming!