DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Vertical toolbar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roberto

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Vertical toolbar Reply with quote

Hi,

For the sake of a more efficiënt use of display space it would be nice to be able to set the toolbar on the left or right. Currently it seems only possible to have it on top.

A full screen or rectangular graph is very usable for overall trend impressions or for reading it roughly.

However. often a square graph area is ideal for having the same "value reading resolution". Especially when the graph is supposed to be used for reading corresponding x/y values. Nowadays monitors are way from square,though.

Usually I have the DPlot window set at about square but I could have a bigger graph if only the horizontal toolbar would be a vertical one.

A custom (second?) toolbar woulds be nice, too: one which a user can add existing menu items to. This would save a click for browsing the menu for regularly used menu items.

Roberto
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The toolbar won't anchor itself to anywhere but the top, but you may not be aware that you can drag it to anywhere on the screen and make it a floating toolbar, and then resize it to whatever shape you want.
Roberto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi David,

Floating or docked toolbar: both still don't allow maximum vertical space.
With nowadays wide screen monitors using "sides" for tools can be benefitial to the actual workspace (viewing graph, editing image, seeing more page in text editor, etc.

Personally I really would like having a vertical toolbar as an option; a floating horizontal one doesn't help (well, it would for monitors used in upright direction (convenient for viewing/editing paper documents; sometimes offices have their monitors rotated 90 degrees)
Roberto

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry! In the past when reading your reply I overlooked the option to resize the floating toolbar to a narrow high one. It even can be moved outside the DPlot window so no problem maximizing the plot window and give it a 1:1 ratio (by resizing the DPlot window).

Sorry once more; guess it was too late to think straight back when I posted my last reply Razz

Cheers,
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: