DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Editing data

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Editing data Reply with quote

David,

Not sure this has been requested before (my memory isn't as good as it used to be...), but it would be handy when cleaning up data, to be able to either right click on a spike to delete the point, or if using the edit data dialog, that clicking a point would highlight the point in the list, or click on a point in the list would highlight the data point.

I'm working on some large data sets now, and there are a few spikes from shock to a sensor, and I'd just as soon clean those up manually. Delete random spikes helps, but sometimes it misses a few points.

Thanks.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, but I'll have to set this aside for a while. I've already made too many promises for the next release, which is why it is a bit tardy.
jsc

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be patient!

(I probably shouldn't be editing data the way I do, but I hate seeing obvious noise spikes!)
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,
You've probably noticed this before though it isn't exactly what you're asking for: if you click the Edit Mode button then click the point you want to get rid of, one of the options is Delete.
jsc

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed that entirely! I don't think I've ever noticed that before - it's not in the Edit menu!

This will work for me. (But maybe someday you could add an undo to the dialog to be able to undo the last action, including deleting a point.)

Thanks! (Embarrassing - been using DPlot for 6 years and never noticed Edit Mode!!!
jsc

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, I'm using Edit Mode on a large gps trace to clean up some spikes in the data. Edit Mode is great, and I remembered the "Delete" button (!), but is there a way to do more than one point at a time? After I click delete, I have to click OK to close the dialog before clicking the next point. I can't click next 5 million times (exaggeration).
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,
When you click "Delete" the Edit Mode box then populates the text boxes with the next point. You can delete as many points as you want (one at a time) like this.

If you want to delete a bunch of consecutive points then you'll be better off using "Delete Points in Box".
jsc

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, can't do that - I want to delete points that are some distance apart. It would help if I could adjust the scan "rate" like you can do in the "Scan Data" dialog.

Or better yet, some kind of filter that would work on these GPS traces that have some "backtracking" in the data. DPlot complains that I can't filter this data because I need constant spacing. I tried the Equal Intervals command, and that just goes nuts on this kind of data.

Never mind - I think I'll just do the cleanup by hand, and get on with it. Hopefully not too many of these to do.

I'll send you a jpg of the plot to show you what I am dealing with.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: