DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

server side DPlot automation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dshapovalov

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: server side DPlot automation Reply with quote

I’m currently working on the integration of DPlot with our software package, some of our clients want to present the data from our database in DPlot. It seems to be working well when this integration is launched interactively from our desktop application, but we also have an automated piece, where plots or other outputs are automatically generated using the application server or web server. Originally I was planning to use DPlot Jr for this purpose, as it is a non-interactive library which I can use on the server, but I found out that it cannot load existing grf files, and this is one of the requirement of the project, to be able to use pre-configured templates for the plots. The only option I see right now is to use DPlot to automate those outputs, but this is a bad idea to launch interactive application in server environment. Please, let me know if there is any other solution to generate DPlot outputs in the server environment.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"as it is a non-interactive library which I can use on the server"

I think you might misunderstand what DPlot Jr does. It is a standalone Windows application just like the full version of DPlot. The main difference, which you've already found, is that it will not open a file (or paste data from the clipboard). And it lacks some of the techinical features of the full version, but for the most part is identical. You may have been confused by some of the example programs which launch dplotjr.exe hidden. But those same capabilities exist with the full version.

It isn't easy to tell from your post: have you actually tried DPlot Jr and it worked in your environment but the full version didn't? That would surprise me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: