DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preferences

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rborn

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 10:11 am    Post subject: Preferences Reply with quote

Ok, I'm almost set. I need to use only the =TIME function in Excel, then paste the values so I get rid of the Day part, otherwise I have to figure out my scale each time adding the Day in, and I'm not sure there is enough precision for all that.

When I make a graph using XYYY or XYXY, the use File, Get Preferences, it formats the graph perfectly, so I don't have to go it and redo everything for the 10 or so graphs I have to make. But, when I go to save the graph, it seems to loose all that info and reverts back to the original. I have the extents set for the X & Y axis so they will all be the same, I have line colors and styles changed, and the Title modified. Again, this all seesm to go away when I save, am I doing something wrong?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I follow this. Are you saying a) that the plot you are currently working on changes when you save it? b) that the plot you save (as a DPlot file) doesn't have the same appearance when you re-read it, or c) that you expect subsequent plots to have the same formatting w/o using Get Preferences, but they don't?

If a) or b) then something's definitely wrong. I'd appreciate it if you'd send me a DPlot file and your preferences file with a description of what plot attributes get changed. If c), that's more or less by design. You can force all new plots to use the same settings if you save your preferences to default.set in the DPlot folder. Eventually I need to write a preference file editor so that you can pick and choose what gets saved there, in the meantime you can edit these with Notepad and probably figure out what's what.
rborn

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, a), it changes when I save it, but it seems only the axis scales not the text parts. I sent you an email with three pictures of what happens, it's easier to understand, and maybe how it should work.

Please don't waste time on it, I need to change the tick marks/intervals anyway which doesn't cause the problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: