DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Radiants and Fonts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdK

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:38 am    Post subject: Radiants and Fonts Reply with quote

Hey,

I have a problem/some suggestions:
I want to plot some data with the x-axis as 1/° and want to ad a second x-axis with 1/rad. This however is not that easy: although I managed to create a second x-axis and used some factors to achieve 1/rad but it still looked somewhat stupid...

Suggestion: I think a better control for the 2-axis mode would greatly help, e.g. defining the unit as pi/180 or have the 2nd axis completely independent from the 1st axis. If you use different units and they are based on the same tickmarks, this will always mess up the numbers.

After trying some time to get a nice 2nd axis I resignated and decided to write the whole things by hand on top of my graph. However: it is not possible to add sings like pi in there. I tried to use the font symbol but then ALL the notes are written in symbol, not only the selected note or letter.

Suggestion: It should be possible to change fonts for selected text rather than changing all notes into one font.

And now to the most pressing problem: I thought that maybe an update has already fixed the problems mentioned above. So I installed the new update. The program has then asked again after the registration # and I entered it. Unfortunately, the program now claims that the # is not correct. Then I read again through the e-mail I received with the registration and was a little bit shocked: I cannot do what I am asked to do, because I cannot start the program anymore. So I uninstalled the program and reinstalled it again, but still: nothing works. So I cannot do any work today, which is a kind of pain.

Suggestion: Why does anyone has to change the registration number before updating?

Best wishes, Elmar
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I want to plot some data with the x-axis as 1/° and want to ad a second x-axis with 1/rad. This however is not that easy: although I managed to create a second x-axis and used some factors to achieve 1/rad but it still looked somewhat stupid...

Suggestion: I think a better control for the 2-axis mode would greatly help, e.g. defining the unit as pi/180 or have the 2nd axis completely independent from the 1st axis. If you use different units and they are based on the same tickmarks, this will always mess up the numbers.

I'll change the Multiple Axes dialog so that you can enter equations for the coefficients (like pi/180).

Your tick marks will be at nicer intervals if you check the box "For grid lines, use independent tick marks on dependent scales." on the Multiple Axes dialog.

Quote:
After trying some time to get a nice 2nd axis I resignated and decided to write the whole things by hand on top of my graph. However: it is not possible to add sings like pi in there. I tried to use the font symbol but then ALL the notes are written in symbol, not only the selected note or letter.

You can enter characters from the Symbol font with the alpha button. That button inserts special formatting codes that DPlot understands. Pi, for example, is {\sp}.

Quote:
And now to the most pressing problem: I thought that maybe an update has already fixed the problems mentioned above. So I installed the new update....

Explained in private e-mail. I'll be away today and unable to answer queries. If you purchase DPlot today be sure to use a different name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: