DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
senthils

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Help please Reply with quote

I just registered for your software. I love it. Good work.

I have a question. I have plotted a XYY graph. How do I scale just one of the Y value.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking so...

1) If you mean that you want to multiply the Y values of one curve, but not all curves, by some constant, then select Edit>Operate on Y and when presented with the "Operate on which curve(s)?" dialog select the curve you want to scale. For the equation you'd use y="y*<whatever>" to multiply all Y values for that curve by <whatever>.

2) If instead you mean that you want 2 Y axes with one curve associated with the left Y axis and the other curve associated with the right Y axis, select Options>Multiple Axes. Select "Independent Y2" and pick the curve or curves that you want to associate with the Y axis on the right.

3) I can't think of a 3... if I've not answered your question please give me more details on what you're trying to do.
senthils

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some background. I have two Y curves. One contains very high values and because of this I am not able to clearly see the other Y curve.

Item 1 is what I am interested in. I can apply the multiplication factor 'n' to make one of the Y curve more visible. But how do I tell somebody that this graph is scaled up by 'n'. Should I put a note box for that ? Or is there a better way.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The "better way" is probably using multiple axes. Then the scaling will all be automatic. If that doesn't appeal to you then you could make note of the multiplication in the legend.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: