DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Programmatically retrieving curve visibility

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ryan.small

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 2:55 pm    Post subject: Programmatically retrieving curve visibility Reply with quote

Hi,

I am trying to write a macro that programmatically exports CSV data from a given folder of .grf files. Based on the userbase, I am assuming that the format and content of graphs can vary significantly, and one of the challenges that I am facing is that I'm not able to determine what (if any) curves in a given DPlot file are hidden. If any curves are hidden (say, if a user has created an average of other curves and hidden those curves), I don't want the data from those hidden curves to be included in the CSV export.

I'm able to leverage the DPlot_Request call to get most other information I need, but I haven't been able to figure a way around this challenge yet. Any ideas? Any functionality I can alternatively use? One idea I had would be to interpret the .grf file as ASCII and parse any "Hide" lines to get this information, but this feels a bit patchwork if there are better options.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2021 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One idea I had would be to interpret the .grf file as ASCII and parse any "Hide" lines to get this information, but this feels a bit patchwork if there are better options.

That's the only way that I can think of.
ryan.small

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good, thanks for confirming!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Excel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: