DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Symbols in EMF file not correct

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcphelps

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:57 pm    Post subject: Symbols in EMF file not correct Reply with quote

When I save a file as an EMF, symbols that were added using the symbols button always render at the start of the title. For instance, if I edit an X-axis title to be "Resistance ({\sW})", and save the file as an EMF. when I open the file in a vector graphics program, like Coreldraw or Inkscape, the Omega character will be at the same location as the "R" in "Resistance". Exports from those programs also show the error. Opening the file in Microsoft Paint show a correct image.

The grf file always shows it correct.

This is using the two latest versions of DPlot.

Am I missing a setting or something?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My go to app for testing metafile weirdness has always been Powerpoint, but this works fine there. I don't have the applications you mentioned. It sounds like whenever there is a font change, they reset the position of the text to the starting point. There is no (good) reason for this. I hate to dismiss this with "It isn't DPlot's fault", but... it isn't DPlot's fault.

The only workaround I can think of is to, instead of using the X axis title, use two notes, with "Resistance" using a right anchor point and "({\sW})" with a left anchor point and the same location for both. This won't be perfect, though, as DPlot will add whitespace.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: