DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hide curve

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bercic

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Hide curve Reply with quote

Dead David, I notice that when the curve which has shaded/filled area down to the bottom is made hidden, shaded area remains on the plot. I think that filled area should be invisible also. Is this bug or not Question Wink
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see how you would think that, but this is actually a feature, not a bug.

I can see that there are two separate situations that could be handled differently: a) hide the bounding curve, in which case the fill would not be drawn, or b) set the line and symbol styles for the bounding curve to "None", in which case the fill would be drawn. This would be easy enough to do, but would break many existing graphs because this is how DPlot has worked for at least 10 years.

And there's another problem with this that I don't see a straightforward answer to. What should happen with a filled area between 2 curves, when only one curve is hidden?
Bercic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David, I am sorry, since I was not enough explicit That problem relates to the situation when the area between the particular curve and the bottom line is filled. I understand that in the situations when area between the two particular curves is filled, hiding one curve is nor reasonable and one can not expect that command will work OK
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you meant, but the answer is the same. There may be times when you want a filled area below some hidden curve.
Bercic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear David, I realize that this »feature« is really out of the scope for which data plotting programs are designed. I want to use DPlot Jr at our client site to present results of complex analysis, and for such purpose DPlot Jr. could be ideal since once installed at client place it allows me to show prepared graphs and dynamically change the scaling in order to focus just to the region of particular interest. In some cases omitting few curves from the plot will be desired in the areas where they overlap with those which are crucial for debate. It this could be done just by three clicks this will be acceptable for the audience while by more clicking they will lose the focus. I am really sorry to classify this as a bug and please accept my apology for this comment.

Best regards, Gorazd
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No apology is needed, but I can't see changing this behavior for the reason I've already mentioned.

One thing I noticed when looking at the FillBetween command (which I would presume you're using since you mentioned DPlot Jr) is that there is no way to specify which fill you want to turn off, which is a bit perplexing. I'll look at adding a "FillBetweenOff" command or something like that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: