DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Displaying a Wait Cursor while waiting for DPlot to return

View previous topic :: View next topic  
meany

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Displaying a Wait Cursor while waiting for DPlot to return Reply with quote

I'm using DDE from C++ to get a bitmap of a contour plot represented by a large number of XYZ points. Because of it's size, there is a few seconds delay while the plot is generated and the bitmap returned. I've tried every trick I know on the C++ side to set an hourglass wait cursor to fill this time lag. It flashes up for an instant, and then changes into a standard arrow pointer. I'm presuming this is while DPlot has execution control. Any suggestions? Thanks!
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your own application is activated (rather than DPlot) then this is most likely due to you own app's response to a WM_SETCURSOR message from Windows rather than anything DPlot is doing. If you're ignoring WM_SETCURSOR then Windows will force the cursor to a default (standard arrow or one of the sizing cursors or perhaps an I-beam, depending on where the cursor is). And you'll get a WM_SETCURSOR every time you move your mouse.

If this was no help I'll be happy to give a more detailed explanation of how I typically handle this in my apps, but I'm a little banged up at the moment and this hunt-and-peck mode is making me grind my teeth Very Happy
meany

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added an OnSetCursor member to my view, put a CWaitCursor in there and it took care of the problem. I have a CWaitCursor in the routine that calls DPlot, but I think the WinProc function envokes a new WM_SETCURSOR when calling DPlot (I guess replacing the current cursor back to the default). Normally, the wait cursor stays in place until exiting the routine, even when the mouse is moved. Thanks for the steer in the right direction. Hope you quickly recover from the banged up state Confused. Your quick response was appreciated as always.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> C, C++, C# All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: