DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Limits

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jsc

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Limits Reply with quote

I think I found a DPlot limit - it's not liking 11 curves with 5,320,130 points each!

And while investigating why a curve just seemed to "stop" 1/2 of the way through the time scale, when I did an "Edit Data" on one of the curves, I realized that the row labels in the edit box only were 6 digits long, so the rows were a little jumbled. ((not true - dragging the slider control was the problem - ctrl-end got to the bottom of the list and row labels were 7 digits.))

Guess I need to break up the data set...
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what is going on there but will look into it. Thanks for the report.

In the meantime, you win the award for most stubborn user - editing individual points in a collection of 5 million+!
jsc

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I've been called stubborn before - half Italian and half German - I can be stubborn with a passion!

I was just trying to understand why a curve cut off in the middle of my plot - was my fault for using YCutoff in the macro!

And working with the large data sets, I had to pre-set the arrays to allow my macro to work - I start with 3 curves and create 7 more.

I'm still studying the data to see if I can decimate it without losing anything.

One thing that I may have forgotten, do I gain anything if I expand my memory from 4gb to 8gb on my Win7-64Pro laptop, or is DPlot limited internally by the way it is programmed?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPlot will use the largest contiguous memory block you have, up to 2 Gb. That's after Windows and whatever other processes are running. (Windows itself takes a good chunk, which you can confirm with Task Manager.) So yeah, you should be able to plot more points by going from 4 to 8 Gb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> General discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: