DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

VB6 DPLOT_Command functions for real-time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikeb

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:01 pm    Post subject: VB6 DPLOT_Command functions for real-time Reply with quote

I am sending
Code:
ret = DPlot_Command(DocNum, "[DeferMinMaxCheck(1)]")

to STOP updates during real-time, but I see min/max at bottom of page updating anyway. ret=1 after execution

I am sending
Code:
ret = DPlot_Command(DocNum, "[ContourLevels(64,0,5)]")

to set shaded band intervals to 64 and upper/lower limit 0-5. ret=1 after execution. Command functions properly when executed AFTER data added via DPLOT_AddData, but not before. I want the live update chart to start/open with this setting BEFORE I start adding data.

I am using customized version for Evisive version 2.3.2.7.

Any suggestions?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,
I'll play around with this but I don't think it will be possible with any version. That is, you'll need to send at least one data point with DPlot_AddData before the DeferMinMaxCheck.
mikeb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha! I can work with that. Thanks for the support.
mikeb

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried setting DeferMinMaxCheck after writing some data points, but did not work.

Also, after I am finished updating plot, I send the following:
Code:
ret = DPlot_Command(DocNum, "[DeferMinMaxCheck(0)][MenuUpdates(1)]")
ret = DPlot_Command(DocNum, "[GeneralOptions(32,1)]")
ret = DPlot_Command(DocNum, "[ManualScale(0,0,=$XMAX,5)]")

Occasionally it functions correctly, but most of the time I am getting incorrect values for $XMAX (really small). I set the Y-axis text to $XMAX and it reads 0.019999 (for example). Once I manipulate plot manually, say zoom in and then undo the zoom, $XMAX will update and show correctly. How can I force text placeholders to update before I set ManualScale above?
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bah. That's a bug. The only way you can get around this programmatically is to do something to make the known extents invalid, like adding another point. I'll fix this asap.
mikeb

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:01 pm    Post subject: DocNum = DPlot_Command(0, "[FileNew()]") Reply with quote

DocNum = DPlot_Command(0, "[FileNew()]")
has been performing flawlessly on several different computers running Windows 7 64-bit. On one computer I created a default.set file for the EvImage.exe (Evisive-branded DPLOT) and it seems to have broken this command.

If I open a .GRF file first, this command works. Even if I open a .grf and close it, leaving only a blank "Plot1", the command works properly.

DocNum is returning a 1 for the initial plot, and 2 for the second plot, etc. No numbers returned <1.

I uninstalled/reinstalled EVimage, but the problem persists. I did notice when reinstalling that I was not prompted for the registration code, so obviously this was not a complete clean reinstall.

Any troubleshooting suggestions?
thanks,
mike
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
and it seems to have broken this command.

What, if anything, happens?

I'll build an EVImage from the latest source and let you know when that's ready, just so we're sure we're talking about the same thing.

License info is stored in %appdata%\DPlot\dplot.ini, but that shouldn't cause any problems.
mikeb

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:56 am    Post subject: broken command Reply with quote

When the command works, a new plot window is opened - I can see it appear/enlarge sometimes when it is slow enough, and then my applications starts sending data to it.

When it doesn't work, the whole EvImage (DPLOT) application (main form) disappears for a split second before reappearing. I can see the computer's desktop wallpaper behind DPLOT when this occurs. Looks like SPLOT is being restarted.
I can open several blank plots first, but the command still fails. Unless I first open a .grf (either XY or Shaded Band plot).
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing jumps out at me, and I'll build a new EVImage for you. If you can send me your VB source that might be helpful.
mikeb

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:33 am    Post subject: More information Reply with quote

Normally I initially set up contour options on a shaded band plot (XYZ) just the way I like and save the default.set preferences.

My application that sends data via the dll sends to a XY graph, then sets extents, and other parameters. I saved the default.set after the XY graph, which also saved the extents.

I don't remember now if when I uninstalled/reinstalled DPLOT if I deleted the default.set file.

Unfortunately I shipped all my equipment needed to test this. I'm pretty sure these actions will duplicate the issue when I get a chance to test again.
Thanks David.
mike
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Basic All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: