DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Using DPlot In Conjuction With Other Applications

View previous topic :: View next topic  
raydela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:43 am    Post subject: Using DPlot In Conjuction With Other Applications Reply with quote

As on who is using DPlot in conjunction with Excel, here is a suggested improvement:

> Provide option to keep DPlot visible in the foreground when the focus is changed to another application.

My specific use of this would be to have Excel maximized and DPlot reduced somewhat and set over to one side. Currently, when I set the focus to Excel (to change data), my DPlot window disappears to the background and I have to then press the DPlot icon in the taskbar to see a change in my linked curve. Sometimes it's beneficial to see a live change in the curve when some data is changed a certain way (doing a "what-if" scenario)

I can do this now if I reduce both Excel and DPlot and set them side by side on the desktop. However, I would like to be able to keep Excel fully maximized to allow changing cells more widely spaced without (or with less) need to use the scroll bars.

Ray
raydela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P.S. In the topic, meant "ConjuNction".

Ray
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use [SetWindowPos(0,-1,x,y,cx,cy,flags)]

For what you want to do the critical parameters are the first 2. The first 0 says you want to play with the main DPlot application window, the -1 makes it "stay on top". x,y are the coordinates of the upper left corner of the window. cx,cy are the width and height. Search the Help for SetWindowPos for more information.
raydela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks. For some reason I never considered checking out the DPlot Commands -- a lot of neat looking stuff there!

Btw, I initially had a little trouble getting [SetWindowPos(index,hwndInsertAfter,x,y,cx,cy,uflags)] to work (getting an error when trying to run the command from the macro editor). I finally figured out that the cause was uflags: I can't use either a constant label (such as SWP_NOSIZE) or hexadecimal notation (0x0001) -- its got to decimal (1).

Ray
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Btw, I initially had a little trouble getting [SetWindowPos(index,hwndInsertAfter,x,y,cx,cy,uflags)] to work (getting an error when trying to run the command from the macro editor). I finally figured out that the cause was uflags: I can't use either a constant label (such as SWP_NOSIZE) or hexadecimal notation (0x0001) -- its got to decimal (1).

Good point, thanks. The values are shown in hex... well, because that's the way I think, I suppose, and it makes it more clear how the different flags can be combined. I need to spell out in the Help that decimal numbers are expected.
raydela

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I also prefer hex representating for flags.

Ray
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: