DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Density of contour labels

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jofrankl

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Density of contour labels Reply with quote

DPlot does a fantastic job of making contour maps from x,y,z data. However, I would like to edit the contour interval labels in some instantces where there are none in a given area of the plot, or in areas where contour lables get busy on the plot. Overall, DPlot does a fine job on its own. I did not see this on the suggestion list so far. I am also interested in an option to display both shaded bands and contour lines at the same time, and the ability to import a background bitmap image behind the plot. Also, does someone know what the maximum picture dimensions are for bitmaps under file, copy, dimensions? So far, I've been able to take it to 3200 x 2400. Thank you.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your comments.

Contour labels: Without rewriting all of this code, I think adding or deleting specific labels would end up causing more problems than it solves. The process is psuedo-random, and changing anything about the plot would necessarily require generating all new labels. If you have a good example that you're unhappy with I'd appreciate it if you'd save it as a DPlot file and send it to me. An idea that might satisfy your request with a minimum of fuss: adding a generic "label density" slider to the Contour Options dialog. This would control both the maximum number of labels per line and the minimum distance between labels.

Shaded bands w/ contour lines, and background bitmaps: OK and OK, those will go on the to-do list.

Bitmap dimensions: The limitation here isn't with the bitmap format but with the size (in bytes) of the object copied to the Clipboard. Other than that I can't give a better answer right now. I threw in a few error checks to test this just now and successfully copied a 6000x4000 bitmap to the Clipboard, but then couldn't find an application that would paste it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: