DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Reliability Functions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom325

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reliability Functions Reply with quote

I'd like to use Dplot/Dplotjr to create Weibull Probability plots.

The Probability scale, usually the y-axis, is not the same as the one finds on a normal-probability plot.

The x-axis is a ln(time) [or ln(stress)] scale - easy to just define as logarithmic from you general list.

The y-axis is a linear relation from ln[-ln(1-F)], where 1-F is related to remaining product fration from a life-test at a give time -t.

How can I simply generate the appropriate tick/tick labels within a C - source, or some other means, this really is a lot like the normal probability tick/tick-labels which are linear in "z" coordinates.

Thanks,

Tom Anderson
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How can I simply generate the appropriate tick/tick labels within a C - source, or some other means, this really is a lot like the normal probability tick/tick-labels which are linear in "z" coordinates.

While you can generate your own psuedo-grid lines and labels by using "None" for the number format and using [Refline(...)] for grid lines and Text>Note for the labels, this isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy. Yours is the first request I've had for a natural log scale; I'll make an effort to get that into the next version. If you can point me to an example of what you're looking for on the web that might be helpful... a quick search just now turns up plots that, to me, appear to be log10 or linear on the X axis and either linear or what appears to be identical to DPlot's probability scale on the Y axis.
tom325

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reliability Plots Reply with quote

Dave -

Visit www.reliasoft.com
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the link. I'll put in an honest effort on this, but I can't guarantee when it will be available.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: