DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Preferences

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Code-Breaker

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Preferences Reply with quote

Hi,

I love the get/set preferences option. What I do is use a text editor to go in and delete the variables that I don't want applied. For example, the axis ranges may be different for two plots, but I want the formatting to be the same.

One nice feature would be the ability to update preferences in a file. So, if the variable is present, then it is saved. If it is not, then it does not get saved. Or, I could delete a whole section, including the section heading, and nothing in that section would get saved. So for example, I could then have a Styles settings file, just by deleting all headings except the [Styles] heading in the settings file. Or a Colors settings file, etc. This would be great.

Also, it would be great to have a menu item that when clicked, lists all preference files in a specific dir (maybe dplot\settings). This way I can quickly apply preference files as needed.

Also, I am having trouble with the GetPreferences macro command. I can't get it to load a settings file. I have tried the full path (eg., c:\Documents and Settings\...), the old 8.3 style path (eg., c:\Docume~1\...), and putting the file in the dplot dir (and my documents) with no path info, but nothing seems to work. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for a great program! C-B
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are all good ideas, thanks. I'll add these to the to-do list. They won't make the next release, which should be available late this weekend, but they'll go in there in some form before long.

I've recently broken the GetPreferences macro command. Thanks for pointing this out, it will definitely be fixed in the next release. The changes actually do occur internally, but the plot isn't updated. For cosmetic changes like colors and fonts if you resize the plot window you'll probably see those changes take effect. Other changes may not take effect unless you subsequently do something to trick DPlot into believing the data has been edited, e.g. Edit Data and click OK w/o making changes. But this will all be fixed very soon.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way...

Quote:
Thanks for a great program! C-B

Thanks very much Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: