Beta 1.9.4.4

Beta releases, announcements and anything else that doesn't fit below. Please read the <B>Welcome</B> topic.
DPlotAdmin

Beta 1.9.4.4

Post by DPlotAdmin »

Latest beta version of DPlot is available here: http://www.dplot.com/beta/dplotbeta.exe.

Edit: Link changed to standard download, which now includes all changes mentioned below.

Changes:
  • Added Reference lines menu command and corresponding RefLine and DeleteRefLine macro/DDE commands. This allows you to quickly add horizontal or vertical lines to XY plots at a user-specified X or Y value without going to the trouble of creating a new "curve".
  • Changed Hide all curves but... command on the View menu to Hide curves and made it obvious which curves are already hidden by including checkmarks in the curve list.
  • Bug fix: With logarithmic scales, panning a zoomed plot by use of the mouse will pan the nearest number of log cycles. This is by design. However, if you drag less than 1/2 log cycle then the arrow associated with dragging remained on the plot.
  • On XY plots, you may now have 0 data values and still use a log scale. These points will be ignored. On the Y scale, if point N-1 is positive, point N is 0, and point N+1 is positive, you'll get a line segment from point N-1 to point N+1. If it is instead your intention to have a gap between points N-1 and N+1, use the Amplitude Limits command on the Options menu to set the lower cutoff value to some small number greater than 0. Please note: While the other changes are fairly straightforward and shouldn't cause any new problems, this change has the potential of causing a math error (geek-speak for "crash") due to something I might have overlooked. While I believe I've searched and found all functions that might attempt a log10(0) due to this change, it is certainly possible that I've overlooked something. If you encounter problems that you think might be associated with this change please let me know.
Visualize Your Data
support@dplot.com