DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

use a same document

View previous topic :: View next topic  
simply

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: use a same document Reply with quote

Hi David,
Is there a way to use an existing document(if exists) to create a new plot????
I don't want to call DPlot_Command(DocNum, "[FileClose()]"), unless the program is closed.
________

Last edited by simply on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I understand your question. If you want to add a curve to an exiting XY plot then you should call DPlot_AddData rather than DPlot_Plot or any of its derivatives. If instead you're talking about a) replacing existing curves in an XY plot but keeping all of the plot settings or b) replacing a 3D surface with a new 3D surface but, again, keeping all of the plot settings, then probably the best way to do that is with [SavePreferences("filename")], [DPlotPlot(....)], [GetPreferences("filename")].

If I've misunderstood what you're trying to do please let me know.
simply

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't want to add a curve, I want to plot a new one.
If I execute 2 programs that use dplot, when I close one of them, I call dplot_stop, and dplot is closed, and if the second program try to plot a new graph dplot is opened in visible mode. All my programs close documents after creating them(without saving files).

Dplot is closed cause there is no opened files, so i have two possible solutions.
1) I don't close a file after using it, but i use the same file(document) each time).
2) to oblige dplot start hidden by default???may be there is something to put in the ini file????
________

simply

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there a solution???
________

Last edited by simply on Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry - this is getting more, rather than less, confusing for me. It sounds like you don't so much care that a new curve is placed in a new document, you just don't want DPlot to be visible when that happens. Is that correct? If so, just have your second program start DPlot hidden in the same way that your first program did, with DPlot_Start(1,WasActive)
simply

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for confusion, i "still" have to improve my english Crying or Very sad
DPlotAdmin wrote:
Sorry - this is getting more, rather than less, confusing for me. It sounds like you don't so much care that a new curve is placed in a new document, you just don't want DPlot to be visible when that happens. Is that correct? If so, just have your second program start DPlot hidden in the same way that your first program did, with DPlot_Start(1,WasActive)

Yes, I want dplot to remain hidden after the first program is closed(the 2 program were opened).
Of course I start dplot with DPlot_Start(1,WasActive), but the problem is that when dplot is closed(by my first program), and after that my second program call a new dplot command, then dplot is re-opened unhidden.

PS:My programs create a plot than close the file after getting the plot in the pictureBox, so when the first program call dplot_stop, there is no opened file, so dplot is closed, even if there is other programs that still can use it.
________

DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your English is fine, please don't worry about that.

Quote:
...but the problem is that when dplot is closed(by my first program), and after that my second program call a new dplot command, then dplot is re-opened unhidden.

In the 2nd program check to see if DPlot is open before calling DPlot_Plot (or whatever other function you're using). The return value of DPlot_Start is the window handle for the application. You can check to see if that window is still open with IsWindow(hwndDPlot). That isn't entirely reliable as some other application might reuse the window handle after DPlot is closed. A better way is with FindWindow("DPLOT",0&) (or FindWindow("DPLOTJR",0&) in the case of DPlot Jr). If FindWindow returns 0, you know DPlot has been shut down. If so, start it with DPlot_Start(1,WasActive).
simply

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPlotAdmin wrote:
A better way is with FindWindow("DPLOT",0&) (or FindWindow("DPLOTJR",0&) in the case of DPlot Jr). If FindWindow returns 0, you know DPlot has been shut down. If so, start it with DPlot_Start(1,WasActive).

It works, thanks
________
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: