DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Font in multiple plot prints

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mad2Max

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 10:36 am    Post subject: Font in multiple plot prints Reply with quote

Hi,
I'm using dplot Jr 2.2.1.3
When trying to print 4 plots in one sheet fonts are not adapted to new smaller dimension but titles and labels just overwrite each other in a complete mess ...
Am I just making some kind of error?
Thanks a lot,
Max
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Max,
You aren't making an error, DPlot just doesn't handle this especially well unless you use a [Size()] command to set the physical size of each plot. When you do that then (when that size won't fit in the allotted space on the page) everything is scaled down proportionately. If you do not set the plot size then fonts will be whatever size you set them to, which in this case is likely too large.
Mad2Max

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finally I was able to try your suggestion: it works!
I have anyway a comment: it is quite difficult to manage inches for the dimensions of the plots ... at least for europeans Smile
I mean pixel would be better, isn't it?
Thanks for your help!!!
Bye,
Max
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have anyway a comment: it is quite difficult to manage inches for the dimensions of the plots ... at least for europeans
I mean pixel would be better, isn't it?

The default units used in text boxes that take some physical distance is set under Options>General. You have a choice of inches, points (1/72 inch), centimeters or millimeters.

But you can also override the default units by using the appropriate abbreviation in those text boxes. DPlot accepts " or in for inches, pt for points, cm for centimeters, and mm for millimeters. None of these are case-specific. If you leave the unit designation out then the default units are assumed.

Pixels (or printer dots): no, because that's very device-specific. For example if you were able to set the plot width to 500 pixels, you probably wouldn't want a printout on a 2400 dpi printer to be 500 printer dots wide (about 1/2 cm).
Mad2Max

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... you are right ... actually I was thinking to monitor pixel not printer ones ...
Anyway the problem was that using inches (cm is equivalent) I was able to get dplot printing multiple plots correctly but not displaying them as I wanted ...
I solved using suggestions from:
http://blogs.msdn.com/oldnewthing/archive/2004/07/14/182971.aspx

Thank you for support!
Max
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: