DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

noob dumb question re CSV formatting

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cassbiz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: noob dumb question re CSV formatting Reply with quote

Hello all,

New to this software and will immediately purchase if I can get it to work. I am not knowledgeable so excuse me in advance.

I need to create a 3D surface plot where the data is opened from a csv file.

The plotting area is from a 5 x 5 area gridded off where spot 1 is top left and 25 bottom right.

1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25

In the given area, let's say that square # 11 has a "Z" value of 15 and square 19 has a "Z" value of 22.

How would the csv file be formatted?

Thanks in advance.
cassbiz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: scale and legend ?? Reply with quote

Thanks for anyone who may have viewed this post. I have it figured out now.

One other question is how to place a scale, icons and legend on the plot.

Thanks in advance.
jsc

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming you have something showing on the DPlot screen, you can right click in the plotting area and some options will pop up. Selecting "Contour Options" puts a large dialog on the screen with many of these options. In the upper right hand area, are check boxes for Axes, Border, Grid, Data Points, and Legend.

For notes, go to the Text menu and select Add/Edit Note, then in the resulting dialog box, click add note, and fill in some text in the Note area of the dialog. There are a bunch of options there to format the Note box, and to frame it, make it opaque, and how you want to anchor to the plot. But you can just click okay, the move the note around with the mouse to put it where you want.

Not sure about what you mean by icons, since you can have only one surface at a time. (To be honest, I've done quite a bit with 2D graphs, but not much with surface plots.)

Hope this helps a little.
cassbiz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: tons of thanks Reply with quote

Thank you very much. This program certainly simplifies the task I have at hand. The purchase requisition has already been submitted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Excel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: