DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

error bars

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: error bars Reply with quote

Hi there,

Is there any way to set each individual datapoint it's own error? For example, I have the following data:

lable B value error
0 16.19249 +/-0.042749
0.4 15.99848 +/-0.008385
0.45 15.95515 +/-0.007759
0.5 15.95700 +/-0.00808
0.55 15.98188 +/-0.007495
0.6 15.97705 +/-0.011681

I can only seem to set a constant error for all points.

Cheers,

Ian
Ian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter, I found it. You have to add a dataset of errors to the chart and then select them as + and - values for the original dataset.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you found it on your own, but I definitely need to somehow make this more obvious. I've received several anonymous uninstall surveys with the only complaint being that they can't have unique error values for every data point. Somehow it doesn't help to shout "Yes you can!" to the air.
Ashi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:46 pm    Post subject: Adding error bars in individually Reply with quote

I found it difficult to find as well, until I found it.

I'd like it if you could right click on a point to add error bars, or to add error bars for individual data points without having to choose a series. (e.g., copy and paste a list of points in). Same thing for editing a data series, I was frustrated that we can only edit points one at a time (as far as I could tell)
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'd like it if you could right click on a point to add error bars, or to add error bars for individual data points without having to choose a series. (e.g., copy and paste a list of points in).

That's a good idea; it could still work the same as it currently does but add a new data set automatically and make most of this transparent to you. I'll definitely give this some thought.

Quote:
Same thing for editing a data series, I was frustrated that we can only edit points one at a time (as far as I could tell)

I'm not real sure what you mean by this. If you want to see all the data at once then instead of using the Edit Mode button use Edit>Edit Data or click the Edit Data button. If instead you mean you want to apply some modifier to all values, you can do that with Edit>Operate on X and Edit>Operate on Y. Or if I still misunderstand what you're after, let me know and give me a few more specifics.
Ashi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clarification: I was frustrated that we can only edit data series one point at a time (as far as I could tell)

What I meant is, it'd be nice to be able update the values of a single series without remaking the graph. If we could click "edit data" or "edit series" and then then paste the new x,y data.

Currently, using only the Dplot interface, I can only correct data values one point at a time (with edit data). I can't paste 50 points over the old data. Sometimes we just need to add additional points to a graph, or fix one series that had the wrong values. Currently, it's a pain because we have to append a new series, delete the old one, change the color scheme to match again etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: