DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dumb Question: Window Coordinates?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Askin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 1:19 pm    Post subject: Dumb Question: Window Coordinates? Reply with quote

I am working with DPlot V. 1.9.3.1 on producing a 2D, x-y plot from a hydrologic frequency analysis I am working on. The data has been entered from the results of a lognormal frequency curve (flow discharge vs. recurrence interval). In addition, the input data from the analysis has been entered in order to graphically show the "fit" between the probability distribution & the data.

My dumb question is associated with changing the x-y scaling from linear to logarithmic. As a new user (in the last month), I have not encountered this error before. That is, when I go via the Options pull-down menu to change from linear x - linear y scaling (option A) as initially shown, to logarthmic x - logarithmic y (option E), the following DPlot warning message occurs:
"Manually entered Windows Coordinates are not consistent with logarithmic scaling". I hit the provided OK button and no change occurs.

I am not sure on how to interpret this message or error? For interest I tried changing the scaling on the other options provided, but I encountered the same message & result. I also checked through the Help contents and have found nothing on this issue.

Does this imply that I have made an error/blunder and my data and/or file is corrupted?? Please confirm.

In advance, I thank you for your feedback & help in this matter.

Regards,

RWA.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2004 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bob,
First, there are no dumb questions. There are definitely dumb error messages, though Wink

Quote:
"Manually entered Windows Coordinates are not consistent with logarithmic scaling". I hit the provided OK button and no change occurs.

Take a look at Options>Extents/Tick Marks/Size. You've checked "Specify Extents", and one or more of the extents entered there is 0 or negative. You can either uncheck the box (probably wisest) or set the extents to values that make sense on a log scale. The trouble with doing the latter is that DPlot may reset those extents to 0 (or something else) in order to make the extents a multiple of the tick mark interval. Easiest just to uncheck the box, change to a log scale, then go back and set extents again if you need to.

Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Suggestions/Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: