DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Autoscale problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
oneto

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Autoscale problem Reply with quote

Hello,
Plotting data in double precision, it seems that sometimes the autoscale rounds the Y limits wrongly. I didn't succeeded to find a rule, but I suspect that could be linked to the axis values still in single precision ?
By the way, thanks for the double precision, it really helps me !
Jean-Louis Oneto
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean-Louis,
Quote:
Plotting data in double precision, it seems that sometimes the autoscale rounds the Y limits wrongly.

That's possible. An example would be helpful, just send me a file when you have the time.

If you allow DPlot to set the extents and the tick mark intervals, what it should be doing is finding a tick mark interval that's some power of 10 times 1,1.5,2,2.5,3,4,5,6, or 8 that gives roughly 10 intervals and includes the entire extents of the data.

Quote:
I didn't succeeded to find a rule, but I suspect that could be linked to the axis values still in single precision

The FFT routines still use single precision, so DPlot first converts input to single precision, then converts the FFT output to double precision. Same thing applies to plugins and data passed to DPlot via DDE. All of these will be converted to double precision eventually, but I doubt this is the source of what you see as a problem.

Quote:
By the way, thanks for the double precision, it really helps me !

You're quite welcome. It should have been done this way from the start, but back when men were men and dinosaurs roamed the earth I was more concerned about memory usage.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jean-Louis,
Thanks for the example file. You are correct, there's a sloppy roundoff problem in there that's now fixed. Using the default scaling your minimum value of 0.269414956190 results in the lower limit being 0.2694149 rather than 0.269415.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: