DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Exporting data to Excel

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jwolfson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Exporting data to Excel Reply with quote

Hi,

I am using Dplot to look at Strain Gage Data from some tests that I am doing. I use the plug-in option to import Win600 DAT files. Once I have imported three files I perform some calculations on them and end up with 2 new curves. The next thing that I need to do is to perform some data manipulation on those curves. I am looking for a way to export the XY data from those curves into excel so that I can work on it.

I have been told that past versions had a simple command that you can use in order to do this, however I can no longer find it. Can you please help me find a way to do this?

Thanks,

Janet
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Janet,
Edit>Copy>Data values, then Edit>Paste in Excel.

(But keep in mind that Excel has a limit of 65535 data rows, and it isn't unusual for a Win600 file to contain 10x that many points.)

I'm curious about what operations you need to do on the data that can be done in Excel but not in DPlot?
jwolfson

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need to manually smooth my data by picking a few points at a time and then creating a new curve that can then be differentiated by a strain time history.

I am also trying to develop a spreadsheet that determines the strain rates. I again pick off specific points and have been writting down the x and y coordinates and then manually input it into excel so that I can create new spreadsheets. If I have all of the data I can write down just one value and then use Vlookup to find the other value.

When I did this using the DPlot edit data feature it took me over 3 hours to manually delete each data point. Using excell and Vlookup and then importing the graph back into Dplot it took me about 15 minutes. If you had a feature that could allow you to manually delete more than one point in a time using the Edit Data feature I might use it instead of Excel.

Janet
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If you had a feature that could allow you to manually delete more than one point in a time using the Edit Data feature I might use it instead of Excel.

There's a long list of improvements that need to be made to the Edit Data feature; this is one of them. Unfortunately I cannot promise a release date.

You might find Edit>Delete Points in Box useful if the points you want to keep aren't too close together.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Excel All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: