DPlot Forum Index DPlot
http://www.dplot.com

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Color of generated curve matches plot background.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toddbatzler

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:27 pm    Post subject: Color of generated curve matches plot background. Reply with quote

Color of generated curve matches background color of plot or hasn't been assigned a visible color. If I go to hide curve, it shows and will let me hide the curve, with no corresponding color line displayed. I presume this means the curve exists.

DPlot version 2.2.6.5

On colors. If I copy a curve (curve 1) from a plot to a new document, then copy a curve (curve 2) to the same new document, the two curves should not be assigned the same color.
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Color of generated curve matches background color of plot or hasn't been assigned a visible color. If I go to hide curve, it shows and will let me hide the curve, with no corresponding color line displayed. I presume this means the curve exists.

Check that you have either a line or symbol style (other than "None") assigned to that curve. Click the "Line/Symbol Styles" button on the toolbar, or select the Symbol/Lines Styles command on the Options menu.

Quote:
On colors. If I copy a curve (curve 1) from a plot to a new document, then copy a curve (curve 2) to the same new document, the two curves should not be assigned the same color.

If the colors are the same it is because that's how the palette in the target document is set up. (Since in this case it is a new document, that means your default color palette has the same color assignments for curves 1 and 2.) If that's not what you want for the default, click the Colors button on the toolbar, make the changes you want, and check the "Make defaults" box.
toddbatzler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never changed the default line style or assigned different colors to curves. Relatively new and didn't know feature existed.

I'll wait til it happens again and provide more detail
DPlotAdmin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One other thing to check is that the curve in question has more than one data point. If there's only one data point AND you don't have a symbol style selected, nothing will be drawn.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DPlot Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: